At either San Jose, CA or Kista (near Stockholm), Sweden.
- Innate curiosity and the desire to learn, create something new and grow
- A good grasp of networking and software development life cycle in developing complex system and embedded software on various platforms
- Penchant to create simple, functional, high quality and scale-able software
- BS (MS preferred) in Engineering and 5+ years experience.
- Solid experience of design and development of software in C for medium to big sized projects
- Good familiarity of hardware (device/board level) concepts.
- Strong knowledge of computer architecture and OS concepts - bare-metal, embedded, real-time, drivers, etc..
- A very good understanding of network (Layers 1-4) concepts, Ethernet, TCP/IP
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) & independent contribution and team work
It will be great if you also have:
- Good understanding of system low-level aspects: boot code, serial drivers, control and data planes
- Good understanding of infrastructure: inter-process communication, processes, threads, resource management, etc.
- Good understanding of system applications: UI (CLI and web-based GUI), event reporting, network management, authentication, etc.
- Prior development experience with Micro-controller or embedded CPU based (with or without OS)
- Very conversant with Open Source environment and development tools like GNU toolsAdvanced network systems skills - knowledge or worked on different protocols, forwarding, QoS, network management, authentication, performance and resource monitoring, etc.
- Hands-on experience on working on embedded targets - using in-circuit tools, lab test equipment (analyzers, oscilloscopes, frequency synthesizers), network generation and monitoring tools
- Familiarity with FPGA's, oscillators, PLL's, radio RF modems, GNSS is a plus
- Can do attitude - ready to brainstorm on new technologies, embrace automation, propose new development and test methodologies as appropriate
- Keen understanding of end-to-end system-level solution, feasibility trade-offs, customer use cases and pain points, innovative ideas for product differentiation, etc.
Work environment & benefits
You will be working with a multi-national team, with possibility to travel between our locations of San Jose, CA, USA and Kista (Stockholm), Sweden. Our work environment is open, friendly, flexible, and technology focused. We strongly encourage applications from diverse backgrounds and experiences
Qulsar is an equal opportunity employer
We actively recruit, employ, train, and grow team members without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
At Qulsar, we have a clear vision: to stitch precise time into the fabric of emerging networks and to ignite applications and capabilities that were not possible before. We are creating a place where a diverse mix of talented people form a team and deliver their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing innovative, accessible solutions to our customers and making their journey with the best we can. And we know our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees. Our dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is clearly reflected in all of how we conduct ourselves, look to our employee well being through their benefits packages and create an environment for excellent work.
To apply, email your resumes to email@example.com