Embedded Software Engineer
San Jose, CA and Kista, Sweden
Qulsar presents an unique opportunity for highly motivated individuals who possess the technical curiosity and have the passion to build cool, state-of-the-art embedded technology and products for IoT, telecom and power applications.
We seek embedded software engineers at various levels at both, our San Jose(USA) and Kista (Sweden) offices. You will be part of a multi-disciplinary engineering team. You will be work on all aspects of embedded and systems software - design, development, test and support. It is a team oriented environment delivering quality products while we learn from each other and grow technically.
- Be part of complete software development life cycle
- Integration and validation of new product designs
- Embedded software development on various processor platforms
- Interact closely with Marketing, Hardware, QA and Mfg teams in developing the products
- Design and develop high quality software, that is portable and can be easily scaled
- BS (MS preferred) in Engineering with at least 5 years experience
- Proven experience in low-level embedded and platform development and debug
- Solid experience developing in C and scripting languages
- Good understanding of hardware (analog/digital) concepts. Be able to read schematics
- Knowledge of computer architecture and OS concepts - bare-metal, embedded, real-time, kernel and user space, etc..
- Understanding of network concepts - Layers 1-4
- Excellent communication (verbal and written)
- Demonstrate independent contribution and team work
- Understanding of platform aspects - boot code, BSP, I2C, SPI, UART, PCIe, etc.
- Understanding of infrastructure aspects - inter-process communication, processes, threads, resource management, etc.
- Understanding of application aspects - UI (CLI and Web/GUI), event reporting, image upgrade, AAA security, logging, etc.
- Understanding of networking aspects - Ethernet, Switching, VLAN concepts and TCP/IP
- Experience with embedded real-time and standard OSes - Linux, eCos, etc. as well as bare-metal (no OS) environments
- Micro-controller based microcode/firmware development experience is a plus
- Conversant with Open Source environment - GNU tools, packages and libraries
- Familiarity with device drivers for control and data planes
- Hands-on experience on working on embedded targets - using in-circuit tools and other lab test equipment (analyzers, oscilloscopes, frequency synthesizers)
- Familiarity with FPGA's (Verilog/VHDL), oscillators, PLL's, radio frequency modems and receivers (eg. GNSS) is a plus
The engineers will work closely with our teams in San Jose, California and Kista, Sweden. Some travel between the two locations is expected.
Special consideration can be given to exceptional fresh graduates with hands-on experience during their college career.
For its USA-based employees, Qulsar offers employees medical insurance covered 100% by the company, a 401k plan, equity participation, ten paid holidays per year and vacation. In Sweden, employees are covered by the normal employee benefits.
To apply, email your resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply via LinkedIn
We are a diverse team, and we actively encourage motivated, problem solvers of all backgrounds (especially those from under-represented minorities) to apply.